Study Space Reservations
Penn Law degree seeking students may reserve study space using our reservation system.
Students may reserve up to 30 hours of public study space per week and up to 20 hours of private study space per week (in blocks of up to 5 hours per reservation).
- NEW! The following rooms can be reserved in its entirety by a single student: T-320 (6 seats), T-142 (4 seats), T-345 (6 seats), GK-330 (2 seats). These rooms should only be reserved for small group work.
- Reservations may be made up to 5 days in advance.
- All students will be required to check-in to the study space upon arrival by scanning the QR code at the location and entering in your check in code that was sent in your confirmation email.
- Your reservation will be held for 15 minutes after the reservation start time. If you do not check in within 15 minutes, your reservation will be canceled.
- Spaces within Biddle Law Library will close at 7:45 pm. Please be packed up and ready to exit the library by that time.
Rooms Reserved for Remote Class
For 1Ls, when available, you should use your remote assigned room as indicated on the 1L Block Schedule Upper-level students in the following remote classes should attend class in the room reserved for you. Note that this pre-assigned remote room time is then NOT counted as part of your limited reservations for the week.
- Administrative Law - 1L (Lee): G1/G2 (M,W)
- Administrative Law - Upper Level (Lee): S240B (M,W)
- Antitrust: Mergers, IP, Vertical Restraints (Hovenkamp): GK100 (M,W)
- Constitutional Criminal Procedure (Rudovsky): S147 (T,TH)
- Constitutional Law - Sec 2 (Wolff): G2 (M,W)
- Constitutional Law - Sec 3/4 (Roosevelt): G213 (T,TH)
- Constitutional Law - Sec 5/6 (Kreimer): S245A/G1 (T,TH)
- Federal Courts (Struve): GK100/S280 (M,T,W)
- Federal Indian Law (Blackhawk): GK100 (T,TH)
- Financial Regulation (Stein): GK100 (M,W)
- Gender and the Law (Mayeri): G1 (T,TH)
- Health Law & Policy (Hoffman): T320 (T,TH)
- International Law (Burke-White): S245A/S280 (M,W)
- Internet Law (Yoo): S240B (M,W)
- Intro to Intellectual Law & Policy (Wagner/Rothman): S240B/S147 (T,TH)
- Intro to US Privacy Law: the Lens of Race (Allen): GK100 (T,TH)
- Judicial Decision-Making (Scirica): G214/T145 (T)
- Law and Inequality (Tani/Ossei-Owusu): G214/T145 (TH)
- Land Use Law (Pritchett): G1/G2/G213 (F)
- Legal Practice Skills - Sec 1 (Firoz): G214 (T)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (Pollman): G2 (M,W)
- Property (Parchomovsky): S280/S147 (M,W)
- Securities Regulation (Zaring): S147 (T,TH)
- Torts - Sec 2 (Allen): G2 (T,TH)
- Torts - Sec 5 (Baker): S245A (M,W)
- Only Penn Law degree seeking students are permitted to use these spaces. The Student Campus Compact applies to these reserved space, even when you are alone. You must wear a mask at all times (except to drink) and refrain from eating inside the Law School building. Please wipe down your space with the provided sanitizing wipes after use.
- All rooms will remain unlocked. You should not leave any valuables unattended in your reserved space.
- All students will need to check in to their reserved space upon arrival.
- Reservations are held for 15 minutes after the reservation start time. If a room is unclaimed, the reservation is canceled.
How do I reserve space?
To reserve space, visit https://law-upenn.libcal.com/r/new.
Use the Zone drop-down to select the area you would like to reserve space in. Use capacity to select whether you need private or public space. Click Show Availability to see available spaces.
Here are the descriptions of the zones:
- DAVIS: semi-public booths
- GK 330: two seats in small seminar room
- GOAT: public seating at tables
- LEVY: individual table seating in large room, light
- SILVERMAN GROUND: five seats at tables in the Clinton/Parker Student Suite
- CLOCK: nine seats at the Clock
- Varied seating types throughout the library; choices indicate either carrel, seat, or table
How do I check-in to my space?
All students are required to check-in to their space upon arrival. Your reservation will be held for 15 minutes after the reservation start time. If you do not check in within 15 minutes, your reservation will be canceled. To check in, scan the QR code posted at the space with your phone camera or QR scanner. You can also click the check-in link in your confirmation email or visit https://law-upenn.libcal.com/r/checkin.
This will take you to the public check-in page where you will need to enter the check in code that was provided in your booking confirmation email.