Student Clubs: Management & Event Planning
Below, please find resources and forms that can help if your club is planning an event or putting on programming! Please scroll down the whole page for info.
- All student group leaders should read this document carefully. It’s the starting point. The doc explains how to pick a date for a (non 3.5+ hr) event, types of club funding, and much more. These guidelines draw from the Sept. 6, 2017 Student Group Town Hall. After reading this doc, group leaders should review the PPTs found below.
Powerpoints and Docs from Penn Law’s Admin Offices and CSR
- Read the below docs to find out how these offices can support your group! Business Affairs can help you purchase things, ITS can help you with data storage, Communications can help with graphic design and much more! Read on below.
- Business Affairs Quick Reference Guide (offers a list of reimbursable and non-reimbursable items); Business Affairs Memo (booking hotel rooms, working with caterers, etc.); Business Affairs PPT from Town Hall (list of contacts in the office)
- CLE PPT from Town Hall (list of contacts in the CLE Office, explains the CLE process)
- CLE Best Practices - how to get CLE for your event!
- Center on Professionalism Services PPT from Town Hall (review invites to speakers, etc.)
- Facilities PPT from Town Hall (lists building hours, office location, and guidelines)
- ITS PPT from Town Hall - lists resources ITS can provide, including data storage for students
- Office of Conferences and Events PPT from Town Hall - Dori Pavel, our in-house counsel, can review catering invoices with you, manage wine orders for 3.5+ hr events, and more!
- LINK to CSR Budget Application - Due October 1 at 11:59pm! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Planning Major (3.5+ hr) Events
- Major event planners should read our MAJOR EVENT GUIDELINES. The guidelines tell you what to do when! For major event planners, please read this document - it includes all sorts of instructions, tips, and checklists! What to do 5 months out, 4 months out, etc.
Forms and Links
- The below forms include info on admin funding, registering for an event with alcohol, and more.
- Alcohol at Law School Events Form (must be completed if students have an event with alcohol, and a licensed caterer is not serving the alcohol)
- Budget Worksheet (this document gives students a basic budget template to use, which includes brackets for revenue streams, expenditures, etc. for an event.)
- Collaboration Fund Request Form (2017-18 form forthcoming)
- Communications Request Form (to request graphic design support, help creating a flyer, etc.) - must be done 2 weeks before the material is needed.
- Communications Style Guide - for assistance creating student group logos
- CP&P Funding Request - must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the funds are needed.
- Dean’s Speaker Fund Request Form (can be used to reimburse speakers for reasonable travel and hotel, publicity, and event setup fees). Must be submitted at least 4 weeks before a major conference or symposium, and 2 weeks before funds are needed for a smaller event.
- Obtaining CLE Accreditation
- Recording Permission Form
- Reserving a Room - use the link or come see Julie (remember, check the Rooms Reserved Calendar AND the Public Events Calendar to find a date. Then, please put YOUR event on the Public Event Calendar by clicking “Add New Event”)!