As health guidance continues to evolve, we look forward to resuming a fully in-person experience for the ’21-’22 school year.
While we look ahead, we also look back with GREAT APPRECIATION! From March 13, 2020 to today… your work has been a critical part of the great accomplishments we have made possible. THANK YOU for your dedication, for figuring out how to balance all the demands place on you over the past year, for adopting new technologies and approaches, and for creatively ensuring your work – and beyond – was done at world-class levels. THANK YOU.
Questions as more of us return to campus this summer? Please send to email@example.com. Thank you!
Dear Penn Colleagues:
The return to campus and normal operations is near. To help protect you and those around you from the spread of COVID-19, the University is requiring current and active faculty, staff, and postdoctoral trainees to be fully vaccinated or to participate in weekly Penn Cares screening tests.
Faculty, staff, and postdoctoral trainees must enter their vaccine information in Workday@Penn, our system of record for human resources and payroll. This includes those who are in Workday for pay purposes. The information you enter is secure and confidential. The Workday process is not intended for student workers. Students will follow their customary process for uploading their immunization records through the Student Health Service portal.
Workday will send you an inbox notification and reminders. An announcement also appears on your Workday home page. Please access a video demonstration or follow these simple instructions to enter your vaccine information.
Log in to Workday@Penn
- Go to https://www.myworkday.com/upenn/login.htmld
- Provide your PennKey username and password. Workday requires secure, two-factor authentication, so please have your mobile device or other method readily available if required.
Go to Your Profile
- Navigate to your profile by clicking the blue cloud icon in the upper right corner of the Workday home screen and click on your name.
- Click on the “Personal” menu on the left-hand column.
- Choose the “Individual Vaccination” tag along the top of that screen.
- If you are an academic affiliate, enter “Affiliate Vaccinations” in the search bar. Your process is then the same.
Add Vaccination Information
- Click the button marked “Add Vaccination.”
- Fill in these fields: Date, Type, Manufacturer, and Dose. Dose will appear after you choose the manufacturer. Lot Number, Site/Location, and Proof of Vaccination are optional fields. If you choose to upload an image of your vaccination card, we recommend you add it only once after you complete the doses (some manufacturers require two doses separated by two to three weeks).
- Check the box indicating your agreement.
- Click Ok.
If you make a mistake, delete your entry, and start over by clicking “Delete” at the far right of the entry line. If your vaccine required a second dose, you must repeat these steps to upload the information for each dose separately.
Workday Assistance (PennKey Required)
- The Self Service: Enter Vaccination Information tip sheet provides more step-by-step instructions.
- Video: A two-minute video provides a demonstration in Workday.
Please contact the Penn Employee Solution Center at 215-898-7372 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Workday process or HR policies.
Why Report Your Vaccinated Status?
Effective July 1, those who have submitted their information on being fully vaccinated will no longer be required to schedule and take part in weekly Penn Cares screening testing or complete their daily screening questions through PennOpen Pass.
Additionally, beginning July 1, a Green Pass will not be required to enter University buildings or board Penn Transit. Penn Medicine will continue to require a Green Pass for health care facility entrance.
Those who do not enter their information on being fully vaccinated into Workday will be required to schedule and take part in weekly Penn Cares screening testing and complete their daily screening through PennOpen Pass. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, individuals are considered to be fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or
- 2 weeks after a single dose, such as the Johnson & Johnson’s Janseen vaccine.
On August 1, the University campus will be fully open; by this point, you must either provide your information on being fully vaccinated or begin/continue to participate in Penn Cares testing.
New hires, those who are returning from leaves of absence, and those who are not yet fully vaccinated can continue to upload their vaccine information on a rolling basis. Once your information on being fully vaccinated has been recorded, you will be exempt from ongoing Penn Cares screening testing.
For additional information about PennOpen Pass and Penn Cares screening testing, visit coronavirus.upenn.edu. Visit the University’s Frequently Asked Questions page to learn more about vaccine safety and efficacy.
Thank you for doing your part to create a safe return to campus.
Items that arrive in your Workday inbox need your attention. If you have not already done so, here are simple instructions to clear the Add Vaccine Information item from your Workday inbox.
- Log into Workday and navigate to your to your Inbox by clicking the inbox tray icon in the top right of your Workday home screen. This is to the immediate left of the cloud icon. Or, from your homepage, click “Go to Inbox.”
- Click the item “Add Vaccine Information” and review the information on the screen and click on the links to read more information or to complete the task.
- Click the orange “Submit” button, found at the bottom of the page. Clicking the Submit button is necessary even if you have successfully provided your full vaccination information. By clicking Submit, you will stop receiving Workday reminders for this item so you should be sure you have performed the necessary task.
- Click Save for Later or ignore the buttons if you are not ready to act. Periodic reminders will be sent.
Read more about good Workday “hygiene” by consulting this tip sheet: Basics-Clearing Inbox Items and Notifications (pdf).
- Public Transportation Options: Many of our staff who’ve been in the building have been using public transit throughout the pandemic safely despite reduced schedules. SEPTA continues to expand its levels of service; learn more about SEPTA’s recovery plans here.
- Walking Escort: Continues 24/7, including to SEPTA stations on and near campus: (215) 898-WALK (9255).
- Bike Services: Learn about Penn’s program to reimburse staff who commute via bike up to $240/year in eligible expenses. Penn now has three bike repair stations on campus, including at the 34th & Chestnut lot. Learn more about biking resources here.
- Ride Sharing: Penn has Van Sharing and Carpooling resources – you can learn more here about these cost-effective services.
- Parking Info: Please consult the Transportation website for info on renewing parking permits. Also, for drivers who work hybrid options, the University has a new pre-tax program for parking on a less than full-time basis.
- We encourage EVERYONE to take advantage of our EAP benefits – 8 free visits per year for you as well as for all members of your family. Call 866-799-2329, 24/7.
- Additionally, there are many resources on the Health Advocate website about well-being and work/life matters – take a moment to check them out.