Course Registration for Upper-Level Law Students
Fall 2013 Advance Registration: 6/24-7/19
Spring 2014 Advance Registration: 10/21-11/3
During advanced registration you will be able to enter your course requests (using Penn InTouch) Monday, October 21 through Sunday, November 3. Your course enrollments will post to Penn InTouch on or after November 12. We will notify you via email when schedules are available.
Advance Registration Instructions - please review the instructions before you enter your course requests.
- Fall 2013 & Spring 2014 Offerings and Information
- Courses/Seminars/Clinics/Co-Curricular Listing
- Each term is tabbed at the bottom of the excel spreadsheet
- Spring - upper-level students can request enrollment in 1L electives
- Fall 2013 UL Block Schedule/Spring 2014 UL Block Schedule
- Enrollment Procedures for Clinical Courses (including procedures for LLMs)
- Enrollment Procedures for Externships
- Enrolling in a Course Outside of the Law School at Penn
- Exam Schedules & Policies and Procedures
Resources For Reviewing the Curriculum
- Course Finder: to search and review the curriculum; review course descriptions, course concentration areas, and skills training options.
- Course Evaluations: on-line evaluations, available during advance registration and add/drop only, can be found on the Course Finder. Hard copies of the evaluations are available in the Registrar’s Office throughout the year.
- Academic Advising: resources on navigating the course selection process and planning of your legal education, including the new Curricular Compass.
- Planning Your Upper-Level Curriculum: a memo from Dean of Students, Gary Clinton.
- Penn InTouch Mobile: access many features of Penn InTouch from your mobile device.
- Faculty Bios
Advance Registration Scheduler Results (lists closed courses/max enrollment and actual enrollment):
Add/Drop - a few reminders
Changes to your schedule can be made during the first two weeks of class:
Fall 2013 - Tuesday, September 3 through Friday, September 13.
Spring 2014 - Monday, January 13 through Friday, January 24.
Please note that the add/drop for clinics/externships lasts only one week - ending the first Friday after classes begin.
All waitlist activity must be done in person in the Registrar’s Office. Waitlist confirmations must be made by (fall) Thursday, September 5 and (spring) Wednesday, January 15. For more info, review Add/Drop and Waitlist Procedures.