News & Events
April 10, 2019The dinner, co-sponsored by the Leo Model Foundation for Government Service and Public Affairs , brought together more than 50 Penn Law students, alumni, and staff for a celebration of service.
March 11, 2019Distinguished Policy Fellow Richard Cordray caps off week-long visit at Penn Law with lecture on the importance of consumer financial protectionHis lecture was part of a week-long engagement with Penn Law students and faculty.
March 8, 2019The Leo Model Foundation Government Service & Public Affairs helps Penn Law fulfill the school’s commitment to public service.
December 20, 2018Quattrone Center partners with Baltimore’s justice system to learn from wrongful conviction, exoneration of Malcolm J. BryantPenn Law’s Quattrone Center , along with the Baltimore’s City State’s Attorney’s Office, Police Department, the Maryland Office of the Public Defender in Baltimore City, and the University of Baltimore Innocence Project Clinic, have released a root cause analysis report on the case of Malcolm J. Bryant, who was convicted of murder in 1999 and exonerated in 2016 after DNA tests proved his innocence.
December 7, 2018On December 5th, a panel of antitrust law experts spoke on several trending topics in recent antitrust legislation, including the case of Ohio v. American Express.
See more #government news & media from Penn Law.
Recent government testimony
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management hearing on “Reviewing Independent Agency Rulemaking” (Sep. 8, 2016)
- Prof. Louis Rulli testifies on civil forfeiture in Pennsylvania (Oct. 21, 2015)
- Prof. David Skeel testifies at hearing entitled, “The Dodd-Frank Act Five Years Later: Are We More Free?” (Sept. 17, 2015)
- Prof. Christopher Yoo testifies on the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger (Apr. 9, 2014)
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testimony before Senate on auto safety regulation (Nov. 7, 2013)
- Penn Law students’ testimony before Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on guest worker abuses (Mar. 6, 2013)
Recordings of past events
- “The Cannabis Conundrum: An Experiment in Federalism or States’ Rights Run Amuck?” (Panel Moderated by Nancy Nord, Distinguished Policy Fellow, Penn Law)
- “Pursuing regulatory excellence: Brexit, Trump, and beyond” (Prof. Cary Coglianese at Brookings)
- PI Podcast: Steven Croley offers insights on the future of energy regulation
- “Getting Things Done: America’s Yearning for a New Way of Governing” (At the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Drone Wars: The Future of Targeted Killings & Presidential Power” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are Superpowers Above the Law? The U.S., China, and the Future of the International Legal Order” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are the branches of government broken?”(At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)