News & Events
May 15, 2018As part of the Leo Model Government Service & Public Affairs Initiative, Penn Law faculty offered four policy research seminars during the Spring 2018 semester.
May 3, 2018Penn Law continues to invest in innovative experiential and skills-based training
April 9, 2018Ellis is one of 21 lawyers in the office who represent the U.S. government in front of the Supreme Court
March 15, 2018Conor Lamb C’06, L’09 has won the special election for Congress in Pennsylvania’s 18th District on March 13. Lamb, a Democrat, defeated Republican state representative Rick Saccone.
February 27, 2018Sozi Tulante will teach an upper-level course on prosecutorial ethics and will work to evaluate the Law School’s student externship opportunities.
See more #government news & media from Penn Law.
Recent government testimony
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management hearing on “Reviewing Independent Agency Rulemaking” (Sep. 8, 2016)
- Prof. Louis Rulli testifies on civil forfeiture in Pennsylvania (Oct. 21, 2015)
- Prof. David Skeel testifies at hearing entitled, “The Dodd-Frank Act Five Years Later: Are We More Free?” (Sept. 17, 2015)
- Prof. Christopher Yoo testifies on the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger (Apr. 9, 2014)
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testimony before Senate on auto safety regulation (Nov. 7, 2013)
- Penn Law students’ testimony before Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on guest worker abuses (Mar. 6, 2013)
Recordings of past events
- “The Cannabis Conundrum: An Experiment in Federalism or States’ Rights Run Amuck?” (Panel Moderated by Nancy Nord, Distinguished Policy Fellow, Penn Law)
- “Pursuing regulatory excellence: Brexit, Trump, and beyond” (Prof. Cary Coglianese at Brookings)
- PI Podcast: Steven Croley offers insights on the future of energy regulation
- “Getting Things Done: America’s Yearning for a New Way of Governing” (At the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Drone Wars: The Future of Targeted Killings & Presidential Power” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are Superpowers Above the Law? The U.S., China, and the Future of the International Legal Order” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are the branches of government broken?”(At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)