News & Events
August 24, 2017In this dispatch, Mickey Hartz L’19 describes his experience at the Department of Justice in the Environment and Natural Resources Division.
July 25, 2017Six new HeinOnline databases have been recently added to Biddle’s collection
June 7, 2017Details on Stephanos Bibas, Professor of Law and Criminology at the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
June 7, 2017University of Pennsylvania Law School’s Stephanos Bibas, Professor of Law and Criminology and director of Penn Law’s Supreme Court Clinic, will be nominated by President Trump to join the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
June 1, 2017Prof. Coglianese: Trump withdrawing from Paris climate accord a “symbolic gesture,” will not help U.S. economyCary Coglianese spoke with the Law School’s Office of Communications about President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw the U.S. from the Paris climate accord, a carbon reduction agreement signed onto by more than 190 countries.
See more #government news & media from Penn Law.
Recent government testimony
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management hearing on “Reviewing Independent Agency Rulemaking” (Sep. 8, 2016)
- Prof. Louis Rulli testifies on civil forfeiture in Pennsylvania (Oct. 21, 2015)
- Prof. David Skeel testifies at hearing entitled, “The Dodd-Frank Act Five Years Later: Are We More Free?” (Sept. 17, 2015)
- Prof. Christopher Yoo testifies on the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger (Apr. 9, 2014)
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testimony before Senate on auto safety regulation (Nov. 7, 2013)
- Penn Law students’ testimony before Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on guest worker abuses (Mar. 6, 2013)
Recordings of past events
- “Pursuing regulatory excellence: Brexit, Trump, and beyond” (Prof. Cary Coglianese at Brookings)
- PI Podcast: Steven Croley offers insights on the future of energy regulation
- “Getting Things Done: America’s Yearning for a New Way of Governing” (At the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Drone Wars: The Future of Targeted Killings & Presidential Power” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are Superpowers Above the Law? The U.S., China, and the Future of the International Legal Order” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are the branches of government broken?”(At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)