News & Events
December 7, 2018On December 5th, a panel of antitrust law experts spoke on several trending topics in recent antitrust legislation, including the case of Ohio v. American Express.
December 5, 2018Penn Law holds annual dinner celebrating Leo Model Foundation Government Service & Public Affairs InitiativeThe dinner recognized students involved in the Initiative and honored Allen Model L’80, chair of the Leo Model Foundation, for his generosity and support.
December 3, 2018Sozi Pedro Tulante, Ilana Eisenstein L’04, and Joshua Wright are the 2018-2019 Leo Model Foundation Government and Public Affairs Initiative Visiting Policy FellowsEach year, the Initiative’s Visitors Program invites leading policy and government experts to the Penn Law.
November 7, 2018EDPA U.S. Attorney William McSwain visits Penn Law professional responsibility course to discuss prosecutorial ethics and the pressMcSwain spoke about the work his office does and the relationship between prosecutors and the press.
November 7, 2018Matthew Cartwright L’84, Conor Lamb C’06 L’09, and Mary Gay Scanlon L’84 won seats in the U.S. House of Representatives, Jena Griswold L’11 won Secretary of State in Colorado, and Eric Johnson L’03 was re-elected to the Texas House of Representatives.
See more #government news & media from Penn Law.
Recent government testimony
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management hearing on “Reviewing Independent Agency Rulemaking” (Sep. 8, 2016)
- Prof. Louis Rulli testifies on civil forfeiture in Pennsylvania (Oct. 21, 2015)
- Prof. David Skeel testifies at hearing entitled, “The Dodd-Frank Act Five Years Later: Are We More Free?” (Sept. 17, 2015)
- Prof. Christopher Yoo testifies on the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger (Apr. 9, 2014)
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testimony before Senate on auto safety regulation (Nov. 7, 2013)
- Penn Law students’ testimony before Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on guest worker abuses (Mar. 6, 2013)
Recordings of past events
- “The Cannabis Conundrum: An Experiment in Federalism or States’ Rights Run Amuck?” (Panel Moderated by Nancy Nord, Distinguished Policy Fellow, Penn Law)
- “Pursuing regulatory excellence: Brexit, Trump, and beyond” (Prof. Cary Coglianese at Brookings)
- PI Podcast: Steven Croley offers insights on the future of energy regulation
- “Getting Things Done: America’s Yearning for a New Way of Governing” (At the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Drone Wars: The Future of Targeted Killings & Presidential Power” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are Superpowers Above the Law? The U.S., China, and the Future of the International Legal Order” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are the branches of government broken?”(At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)