News & Events
March 31, 2021Raj Parekh L’06, Acting U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia, is the first person of color in the 232 years of district’s history to serve as its chief federal law enforcement official.
March 30, 2021Dean Ruger expresses his utmost support for the nomination of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the D.C. Circuit Court of AppealsPresident Joe Biden has nominated U.S. District Court Judge for the District of Columbia Ketanji Brown Jackson to the prestigious U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
March 29, 2021
Ross co-led the team in People First of Alabama v. Merrill, which had a direct effect on Alabama voters’ accessibility to absentee voting in 2020.
March 15, 2021Natasha Sarin joins President Biden’s administration as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy with the Treasury DepartmentAssistant Professor of Law Natasha Sarin is taking a public service leave to join the Biden Administration as a Deputy Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy at the Treasury Department.
February 23, 2021Co-sponsored by the Law School, “A Conversation with Stacey Abrams” covers broad range of topics from gerrymandering to romance novelsDuring “A Conversation with Stacey Abrams,” the Georgia politician sat down with Ben Jealous to discuss topics from gerrymandering to romance novels in a lively virtual discussion.
See more #government news & media from Penn Law.
Recent government testimony
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management hearing on “Reviewing Independent Agency Rulemaking” (Sep. 8, 2016)
- Prof. Louis Rulli testifies on civil forfeiture in Pennsylvania (Oct. 21, 2015)
- Prof. David Skeel testifies at hearing entitled, “The Dodd-Frank Act Five Years Later: Are We More Free?” (Sept. 17, 2015)
- Prof. Christopher Yoo testifies on the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger (Apr. 9, 2014)
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testimony before Senate on auto safety regulation (Nov. 7, 2013)
- Penn Law students’ testimony before Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on guest worker abuses (Mar. 6, 2013)
Recordings of past events
- “The Cannabis Conundrum: An Experiment in Federalism or States’ Rights Run Amuck?” (Panel Moderated by Nancy Nord, Distinguished Policy Fellow, Penn Law)
- “Pursuing regulatory excellence: Brexit, Trump, and beyond” (Prof. Cary Coglianese at Brookings)
- PI Podcast: Steven Croley offers insights on the future of energy regulation
- “Getting Things Done: America’s Yearning for a New Way of Governing” (At the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Drone Wars: The Future of Targeted Killings & Presidential Power” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are Superpowers Above the Law? The U.S., China, and the Future of the International Legal Order” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are the branches of government broken?”(At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)