News & Events
May 22, 2017As part of Penn Law’s Model Government Service & Public Affairs Initiative, Quattrone Center for the Fair Administration of Justice Executive Director John Hollway taught a Policy Research Seminar this spring semester titled “A Systems Approach to Conviction Integrity,” which took a cross-disciplinary look at why the criminal justice system sometimes gets it wrong and how the system can be improved in the future.
May 13, 2017“The question,” Prof. Kermit Roosevelt explains, “is whether our constitutional system—designed by people who didn’t foresee the party system—can continue to function in an era of severe political polarization.”
April 12, 2017Penn Law professor Christopher S. Yoo is one of 29 members of the newly created Broadband Deployment Advisory Committee.
February 28, 2017On February 24, Penn Law, as a part of Public Interest Week, hosted a panel titled “Making an Impact as a Government Lawyer,” where Marsha Chien L’10 and Omar Gonzalez-Pagan L’10 answered law students’ questions about working in state government.
February 27, 2017On February 16, the federal oversight board created in response to the Puerto Rico debt crisis held a forum for the Penn Law community to discuss the board’s fiscal plan for the territory, the restructuring of Puerto Rico’s debt, and the financial future of Puerto Rico.
See more #government news & media from Penn Law.
Recent government testimony
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management hearing on “Reviewing Independent Agency Rulemaking” (Sep. 8, 2016)
- Prof. Louis Rulli testifies on civil forfeiture in Pennsylvania (Oct. 21, 2015)
- Prof. David Skeel testifies at hearing entitled, “The Dodd-Frank Act Five Years Later: Are We More Free?” (Sept. 17, 2015)
- Prof. Christopher Yoo testifies on the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger (Apr. 9, 2014)
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testimony before Senate on auto safety regulation (Nov. 7, 2013)
- Penn Law students’ testimony before Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on guest worker abuses (Mar. 6, 2013)
Recordings of past events
- “Pursuing regulatory excellence: Brexit, Trump, and beyond” (Prof. Cary Coglianese at Brookings)
- PI Podcast: Steven Croley offers insights on the future of energy regulation
- “Getting Things Done: America’s Yearning for a New Way of Governing” (At the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Drone Wars: The Future of Targeted Killings & Presidential Power” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are Superpowers Above the Law? The U.S., China, and the Future of the International Legal Order” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are the branches of government broken?”(At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)