News & Events
July 8, 2019After graduating from Penn Law with a joint Masters degree in Bioethics, Garrison Todd L’18, MBE’18 joined Advocates for the West as a Catalyst Fellow.
May 7, 2019This spring, the Leo Model Government Service and Public Affairs Initiative launched a Career Conversation Series, bringing current and former government officials and policy makers to Penn Law to discuss their various career paths with students.
April 10, 2019The dinner, co-sponsored by the Leo Model Foundation for Government Service and Public Affairs , brought together more than 50 Penn Law students, alumni, and staff for a celebration of service.
March 11, 2019Distinguished Policy Fellow Richard Cordray caps off week-long visit at Penn Law with lecture on the importance of consumer financial protectionHis lecture was part of a week-long engagement with Penn Law students and faculty.
March 8, 2019The Leo Model Foundation Government Service & Public Affairs helps Penn Law fulfill the school’s commitment to public service.
See more #government news & media from Penn Law.
Recent government testimony
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management hearing on “Reviewing Independent Agency Rulemaking” (Sep. 8, 2016)
- Prof. Louis Rulli testifies on civil forfeiture in Pennsylvania (Oct. 21, 2015)
- Prof. David Skeel testifies at hearing entitled, “The Dodd-Frank Act Five Years Later: Are We More Free?” (Sept. 17, 2015)
- Prof. Christopher Yoo testifies on the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger (Apr. 9, 2014)
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testimony before Senate on auto safety regulation (Nov. 7, 2013)
- Penn Law students’ testimony before Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on guest worker abuses (Mar. 6, 2013)
Recordings of past events
- “The Cannabis Conundrum: An Experiment in Federalism or States’ Rights Run Amuck?” (Panel Moderated by Nancy Nord, Distinguished Policy Fellow, Penn Law)
- “Pursuing regulatory excellence: Brexit, Trump, and beyond” (Prof. Cary Coglianese at Brookings)
- PI Podcast: Steven Croley offers insights on the future of energy regulation
- “Getting Things Done: America’s Yearning for a New Way of Governing” (At the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Drone Wars: The Future of Targeted Killings & Presidential Power” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are Superpowers Above the Law? The U.S., China, and the Future of the International Legal Order” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are the branches of government broken?”(At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)