News & Events
September 4, 2018In this pathway, Michelle Mlacker L’20 describes her internship at the Executive Office For Immigration Review (“EOIR”), an office within the U.S. Department of Justice (“DOJ”).
August 2, 2018Nancy Nord discusses federal and state level legislation around cannabis
July 16, 2018In this pathway, Sam Gold L’20 describes his internship at the Appellate Government (Code 46) division of the Navy JAG Corps in Washington, D.C.
June 27, 2018Prof. Lee draws parallels to the first right-to-work litigator in reaction to SCOTUS ruling on union duesPenn Law’s Sophia Lee comments on SCOTUS ruling that government workers can’t be forced to contribute to labor unions that represent them in collective bargaining.
June 27, 2018Penn Law faculty provide analysis on the court’s decision that Trump’s travel restriction fell “squarely” within the president’s authority.
See more #government news & media from Penn Law.
Recent government testimony
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management hearing on “Reviewing Independent Agency Rulemaking” (Sep. 8, 2016)
- Prof. Louis Rulli testifies on civil forfeiture in Pennsylvania (Oct. 21, 2015)
- Prof. David Skeel testifies at hearing entitled, “The Dodd-Frank Act Five Years Later: Are We More Free?” (Sept. 17, 2015)
- Prof. Christopher Yoo testifies on the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger (Apr. 9, 2014)
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testimony before Senate on auto safety regulation (Nov. 7, 2013)
- Penn Law students’ testimony before Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on guest worker abuses (Mar. 6, 2013)
Recordings of past events
- “The Cannabis Conundrum: An Experiment in Federalism or States’ Rights Run Amuck?” (Panel Moderated by Nancy Nord, Distinguished Policy Fellow, Penn Law)
- “Pursuing regulatory excellence: Brexit, Trump, and beyond” (Prof. Cary Coglianese at Brookings)
- PI Podcast: Steven Croley offers insights on the future of energy regulation
- “Getting Things Done: America’s Yearning for a New Way of Governing” (At the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Drone Wars: The Future of Targeted Killings & Presidential Power” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are Superpowers Above the Law? The U.S., China, and the Future of the International Legal Order” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are the branches of government broken?”(At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)