Students Against Gender-Based Exploitation (SAGE)
Welcome for the 2016-2017 School Year!
Hello SAGE members and potential members,
Welcome to a new school year, full of exciting new pro bono opportunities and events at SAGE! Please find us at one of the student activities or pro bono fairs to learn more, or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
Congratulations to the 2009-2010 Sage Project!
- SAGE Kickoff Meeting. [September 15th, 2009, 4:30 PM]
- DVAP Training. [September 25th, 2009, 3-5 PM]
- Criminal Court Observation Training. [October 1st, 2009, 9:30-10:30 AM]
- SAGE Happy Hour! [October 8th, 2009, 6-8 PM]
- Training: Interviewing Trauma Survivors. [October 14th, 2009, 5-7 PM]
- Training: Suicide Intervention. [October 15th, 2009, 5-8 PM]
- Spaghetti Lunch with Gloria Steinem. [November 13th, 2009, 12-1 PM]
- Reel Justice Film Screening - Taking the Heat: The First Women Firefighters of New York City. [January 27th, 2010, 6:30-8:30 PM]
- Brown Bag Lunch with Katie Eyer. [February 11th, 2010, 12-1 PM]
- Documentary Presentation - Domestic Violence in the Muslim-American Community. [March 1st, 2010, 12-2 PM]
- Cross-Disciplinary Panel: Gender Based Asylum for Domestic Violence Survivors. [April 1st, 2010, 4:30-7:30 PM]
See the Events section for details. The mission continues. Stay tuned for future events!
The SAGE website is up and running!
SAGE serves survivors of domestic violence, rape, sexual assault and other forms of gender-based exploitation. The project engages these issues in a variety of legal frameworks, including family law, criminal law, civil law, and legal education. SAGE aims to provide legal training and hands-on experience to students interested in direct service work with survivors of trauma, and strives to prepare students for the social and psychological needs of a client that arise while engaging the client’s legal case.
See the left sidebar for information on our partners, projects, and timelines!