Environmental Law Project
Announcing ELP’s new logo! Congratulations to 3L Peter Wu on creating the winning design.
- We host speakers and panels on topics relating to environmental law for the law school community.
- Each semester, we participate in the regulatory rule-making process by commenting on a rule recently proposed by a federal administrative agency, such as the EPA. ELP has a history of success in being cited to by federal agencies in final rule-makings.
- We perform pro bono legal research and analysis for local and national non-profits and environmental advocacy groups. The pro bono projects are conducted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Our members are passionate about engaging in environmental justice outside of the law school. ELP hosts events ranging from volunteering to help clean up a local waterway, to addressing the legal problems faced by local community gardeners.
- We host a variety of social events for our members to help build a community of students interested in environmental law.
- Finally, we serve as a conduit for any environmental activities at Penn. We have worked with the Energy Club and the Animal Law Project, and are working to build a community of environmentally minded people. We endeavor to provide information to interested members of the Penn community about academic and career opportunities in the realm of environmental law.
Get Involved with ELP:
We are always looking for new members and new ideas. If you are interested in joining the project, please use the form on the left of this page. If you have a suggestion for ELP or would like to contact us, please email us at: ELP.Pennlaw@gmail.com.