Information for Penn Law Students
CRLP was founded in order to provide Penn Law students with a pro bono opportunity that advances civil rights. The project allows students to assist in important civil rights legal proceedings and/or participate in exciting legal research and writing to support local nonprofit organizations dedicated to civil rights and social justice. Through such rewarding work, students are able to hone their legal skills while advancing a just and rewarding cause.
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
- Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations
- American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
Community Legal Services of Philadelphia
- Appalachian Research and Defense Fund
- A Better Balance
- New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
Centro de los Derechos del Migrante
Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission & Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations
- Volunteer once a week at the Commission’s Philadelphia offices.
- Participate fully in the Legal Division’s work investigating and prosecuting complaints of unlawful discrimination.
- Prepare legal opinions and discovery requests.
- Attend Commission hearings for cases that span the range of the Commission’s coverage, including discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, disability, and age