Questions? Ask Jamie.
The University of Pennsylvania and its Law School do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected class status. Employers utilizing our career planning facilities will be held to the same standard of non-discrimination. Any claims of discrimination brought against recruiting employers will be referred to the Faculty/Student Office of Career Strategy Committee.
Please note: Because the federal Solomon Amendment threatens the loss of federal funding to the University, the Law School cannot apply its nondiscrimination policy to the military. This exception to our policy does not in any way reflect acceptance of, or agreement with, any existing or proposed discriminatory hiring practices, including against transgender individuals in the Armed Services.
- Bidding: 12:00 noon Monday August 31 – 11:59 pm Wednesday September 2
- Preliminary Schedules Released: 12:00 noon Friday September 4
- Open Cancellation Period: 12:00 noon Friday September 4 – 12:00 noon Tuesday September 8
- Final Schedules Released: 5:00 pm Tuesday September 8
- Symplicity Instructions
- The on-campus interview process is managed through Symplicity and includes:
- The way to express your interest in an interview
- Interview schedules
- Interview rooms and locations
- Step-by-step instructions for signing up for Fall OCI
- Open Sign-Up
- After the release of final schedules, students may sign up for slots still available on any schedule by logging into Penn Law’s Symplicity and clicking on the “OCI” tab. The date next to any schedule with open slots will be displayed as a button. Click on that button, choose the time slot you would like as well as a resume to be attached, and click Sign Up.
- Fall Resume Collections for Summer 2021 and Post-Grad Public Sector Positions
- This year, many employers have opted to receive application packets of student materials, and then follow-up with students on their own timeline. Resume collections for public sector summer 2021 or post-grad positions are listed in Symplicity with the header “FRC.” Search “FRC” to see current resume collection postings. Note that resume collections have varying application deadlines, with some as soon as the beginning of September. Check out the current resume collections for: Advancement Project, Still She Rises, and the Delaware Public Defender.
Interviews will all be conducted virtually and you will receive a Zoom link prior to your interview. The waiting room will be set up on the Zoom link to allow the employer to admit you at the appointed interview time. There may be employers who elect to use their own video conference software and you will be notified in advance of the interview if that is the case.
- Research the employer
- Speak with alums who have worked at that office
- Sign up for a mock interview with an OCS counselor (Jamie, Neta, and the entire OCS team are here to support you).
- Complete the Interview Preparation Sheet
All cancellations must be made during the open cancellation period of September 4 – September 8 (at noon). After that time, cancellations will only be permitted if you have accepted another job offer. If you have accepted another job offer, please email us and we will assist you in cancelling our remaining Fall Public Sector OCI interviews.
Please be sure to review our policies and procedures.
Our policies are designed to ensure that we maintain our relationships with the employers that recruit at Penn Law.