Fall Semester 2L Firm Events
Many private sector law firms are currently holding virtual networking events for Penn Law 2Ls. Check the Bulletin Board to see which firms are coming, research the employers and check out the law firm promotional materials to help decide which events to attend. You should not try to attend all events — go to events that fit into your schedule, are hosted by firms that interest you, or just to try something new.
|What are they?||
Top 4 Reasons to Attend Employer Events
- This is the start of 2L recruiting. Law firm attorneys and recruiters want to get to know you as part of their 2L summer recruiting program.
- Practice networking – a skill that will be essential to you now and throughout your career.
- Get answers to your questions and learn about different law firms, practice areas and the interviewing process.
- Make connections with attorneys and law firms in your areas of interest.
- RSVP: Please RSVP according to the invitation. Once you RSVP, you are expected to attend the event — even if it is a virtual event. The firms plan their programming based on the number of students participating and they keep track of attendance. If your plans change, and you are no longer able to attend an event, email the recruiter to let the firm know as promptly as possible.
- Dress code: For virtual events, business casual unless otherwise specified.
- Professionalism: Turn on your camera if possible, stay muted unless you are speaking, and resist the urge to multitask. Make the most of these events by researching firms beforehand, preparing some questions, and actively participating in the discussion.