This is your first stop for all things career-related. We are the Office of Career Strategy (OCS) and we are (virtually) open and committed to providing support as you plan your careers and search for jobs!
University of Pennsylvania Law School 1L Networking: Get to Know Law Firms
Throughout March and April, OCS is offering private sector law firms the unique opportunity to network exclusively with our 1L Penn Carey Law students. This is a great way to (virtually) connect with a firm in smaller groups from your class. Please do not miss this important step in your OCI-prep.
Making the Most of Your 1L Summer
- Here is our 1L OCS Orientation Video - all info pertaining to who we are and how we work with you as a Careers office.
- Symplicity is how you will find jobs and connect with employers and make OCS appointments. Here is a Symplicity training video.
- Keep your eye open for our OCS Newsletter email every week full of upcoming career and networking opportunities — and you can bookmark the OCS Newsletter page here.
- Bookmark our Bulletin Board today - it works in conjunction with the Newsletter to bring you the latest career and networking opportunities across sectors.
- Here is our OCS Calendar of Events for bookmarking.
- Here is a series of 1L Summer Job Experience videos and our Practice Primer video series.
- Please take our 1L Career Interest Survey - your responses guide our employer outreach strategy.
Where to Look For 1L Summer Jobs
- Check job postings on Symplicity - this includes private and public sector postings that have been submitted to us by those employers.
- Other popular job posting resources include:
- Go here for judicial internships.
- For faculty research assistantships, check Symplicity, or you can approach faculty directly.
You can also find postings directly on an employer’s website.
- Get ideas for possible opportunities from our spreadsheet of where 1Ls have worked in the past.