Skip to main content

Can a Waiver be Requested for the Standardized Test Requirement?

A request for a waiver of the standardized test requirement should be made in letter form addressed to the Admissions Committee. Directions for submitting the waiver appear in the Standardized Test section of the application and are considered alongside the completed application package. The request should focus on indicators for success in the Master in Law Program including past academic performance, professional accomplishments and experience, previous graduate coursework completed, and any other examples that represent potential for success in a rigorous academic environment. Typically, the Admissions Committee receives waiver requests from experienced professionals and/or individuals who are in the process of pursuing or have already completed a graduate-level program.