Seunghyun Nam, SJD Alum
Seunghyun Sally Nam graduated from Penn Law’s SJD program in May, 2016. She received a Magister Juris from Oxford University in 2007 and a Master of Science in International Law from Korea University in 2009, where she also earned a Bachelor of Law. She worked for the Korean Peninsula Peace Regime Division at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Seoul and has interned with governmental departments and international organizations such as the UN International Criminal Tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands and the UN Commission on Human Rights in Geneva, Switzerland. Seunghyun received a Fulbright Scholarship. She served as research assistant to Professor Ki Gab Park, current member of the UN International Law Commission as representative of the Republic of Korea.
- International Criminal Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Post-Conflict Justice
- North Korea and Human Rights
“War on the Korean Peninsula? Application of Jus in Bello in the Cheonan and Yeonpyeong Island Attacks,” 8 University of Pennsylvania East Asia Law Review 43 (2012).
“China’s International Legal Responsibility for Yellow Air Dust Pollution in the Republic of Korea (in Korean),” in 21st Century Issues and Challenges In International Law (Park Ki-Gab ed., 2011) (Collection of Articles Awarded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, R.O.K and the Korean Society of International Law)
“International Crimes in Darfur,” in International Peacekeeping, The Yearbook of International Peace Operations (Harvey Langholtz, Boris Kondoch and Alan Wells, eds) (Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2006).
- Fulbright Scholarship Award (2010-)
Korea Studies Grant from Center for East Asian Studies, University of Pennsylvania (2011)
- Chevening- HSBC Scholarship Award (2006-2007)
- Dissertation Award from Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, R.O.K. for Master’s Dissertation from Korea University (2009)
- Graduate Student Article Award from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, R.O.K. and the Korean Society of International Law (2004)