Xiaochen Zhang, SJD Candidate
Xiaochen Zhang is a lecturer in Zhejiang University of Finance and Economics, and a PhD Candidate in China University of Political Science and Law (CUPL, supervised by Professor Fang Liufang).
She obtained her LLB from CUPL in 2004, and her LLM from Penn Law in 2005. In 2006-2010, She was a PhD Candidate in London School of Economics and Political Science. She did research on asset-backed securitization as a paid-intern in the Asian Development Bank, Manila. In 2016-2017, she was a visiting researcher at Penn Law.
Corporate law & Chinese law
- “Debt-based compensation: the exploration of China’s corporate executive compensation reform” (债权激励：我国公司高管薪酬改革的新探索), in ZUEL Law Journal (法商研究), 2017 Vol.4 (CSSCI)
- “The Choice of legislation of China’s Financial Regulation: An Example of UK’s Experience in Addressing the Crises” (我国金融监管的立法选择：以英国危机应对为鉴)，in Journal of Zhejiang Gongshang University (浙江工商大学学报)，2015 Vol.4 (CSSCI)
- Legal Ethics Conference, Fordham University Law School, July 2016. Paper presentation, “Chinese lawyers as gatekeepers and litigators: a glimpse on the relationship between law and politics in China’s securities market”.
- TRANSIUS Conference, University of Geneva, June 2015, Switzerland. Paper presentation, “The misunderstanding during the process of legal transplantation: taking the concept of corporate capital in China as a case study”
- “Bring the contingent capital into the reform of corporate capital in China” (或有资本引入我国公司资本制度改革研究), China Commercial Law Review 2014（中国商法年刊）, Published by China Law Press, 09/2014. “Outstanding Paper Award” of the China Commercial Law Research Association （中国商法年会优秀论文奖）
- “Debt-based compensation: the exploration of China’s corporate executive compensation reform” (债权激励：我国公司高管薪酬改革的新探索), Best paper award of the 13th China’s law and economics conference (第十三届中国法经济学论坛最佳论文奖)