The 2020 Models of Excellence Award Call for Nominations
There are many words Penn staff have used to praise their colleagues’ work. Extraordinary, innovative, impactful, and transformative are just a few. Now’s your chance to turn these compliments into campus-wide recognition by participating in the 2020 Models of Excellence Call for Nominations process.
Each year, at the Models of Excellence Awards ceremony, Penn showcases individual staff members and teams, revealing their remarkable contributions to the University. Nominations for fiscal year 2020 are open now through October 25.
The online nomination form and guide are available at www.hr.upenn.edu/models. This year you can also refer to the Quick Start Guide to Submitting a Nomination to make navigating the nomination process even easier.
The Models of Excellence award program celebrates the outstanding achievements of full- and part-time staff members and teams throughout the University’s schools and centers. Awards are presented in three categories:
- Models of Excellence Award – recognizes staff member accomplishments that reflect initiative, leadership, increased efficiency, and a deep commitment to service.
- Model Supervisor Award – honors supervisors who are effective and productive leaders for the University.
- Pillars of Excellence Award – recognizes the important support Penn’s weekly-paid staff members provide to promote the University’s mission.
Models of Excellence, Model Supervisor, and Pillars of Excellence award recipients each receive $500 and a symbolic award. Nominees selected for honorable mention receive $250 and a symbolic award. Awards will be presented at the Models of Excellence ceremony on April 28, 2020 at 4pm at Irvine Auditorium. The entire Penn community is invited to attend.
Need Help to Complete a Nomination?
Learn how to write a stellar nomination that magnifies the exceptional work of your colleagues by attending a “How to Nominate” information session. Two sessions will be held on:
- Monday, September 30, 3-4pm
- Thursday, October 10, 12-1pm
Both sessions will take place at 3624 Market Street, Suite 1A South. Register at www.hr.upenn.edu/models-infosession or email@example.com. Your co-workers can’t receive honors without your nomination, so your participation is key.