Johnson & Johnson Law Department: “Inside In-House Counsel” (11/9)
It’s that time of year again! As a proud Penn alum (C’05, L’08) I’m happy to invite Penn Law students to this year’s law student day at Johnson & Johnson, intended to give students a look “Inside In-House Counsel.” This will be the eighth year that we are offering this event as it has been very popular among law students and quite rewarding for the J&J attorneys.
During the seminar, which will take place on Friday, November 9th, lawyers from the J&J Law Department will discuss the role of in-house counsel, why it can be a rewarding career choice, and how best to pursue it. This year’s agenda will include:
- an interactive showcase of areas of expertise practiced by our in-house lawyers (including mergers and acquisitions, litigation, intellectual property, health care regulation, tax, international practice and others),
- a discussion led by J&J internal and external HR partners on tips and best practices for applying to in-house legal positions
- a panel discussion on the diverse legal experiences of some of the J&J attorneys,
- a mentoring session with a J&J lawyer that specializes in the student’s area of interest, and
- a networking reception in the newly renovated Johnson & Johnson museum.
All Penn Law JD students are welcome to attend. Although this event is not a recruiting event (we don’t typically hire directly from law schools), the intention is to provide current students an opportunity to engage with in-house lawyers and learn about their practices and the various career options available to a lawyer in-house.
Also, as space is limited, we strongly recommend that students RSVP to LDIHC@ITS.JNJ.COM by October 26th (preferably, sooner)!