Summer Peach Truffles Recipe
September 26, 2018
Summer Peach Truffles-Submitted by Natalie Green
- 3/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- mix together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until just combined.
- Add the vanilla, mix
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture.
- Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Dump onto a flour dusted surface dusted and shape into flat disk.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick and cut with a 3 by 1-inch finger-shaped cutter.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Peach Preserve Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 lg jar peach preserves
- In a mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, vanilla and preserves until completely combined
- Add powdered sugar to mixer slowly and continue to beat until creamy.