Tips To Organize Your Workspace
1. Clear Your Piles: Go through the pile (a little at a time if necessary) and put it in the appropriate place or dump it.
2. Organize: Organize your drawers and desktop. Consider using desktop organizers or containers to organize the items on your desk. Use drawer organizers for little items – paper clips, tacks, etc.
3. Separate inboxes: If you work regularly with other people create a folder, tray, or inbox for each.
4. Create folders: This can be creating meeting and Waiting on Response folders. This will help you prepare for meetings, check with responses, and follow up emails.
5. Establish work zones: Decide what type of activity happens in each area of your office. Place the appropriate equipment and supplies in the proper area as much as possible.
6. Get a good label maker: Choose a label maker that’s simple to use. Take the time to label shelves, bins, baskets, and drawers. Not only will it remind you where things go, but it will also help others who may have a need to find, use, or put away anything in your workspace.
7. Storage boxes: Use inexpensive storage boxes to keep archived files and get them out of your current file space.