Peggy Browning Fund: National Law Students Workers’ Rights Conference
When: Friday and Saturday, October 12 & 13, 2018
Where: The Maritime Conference Center, 692 Maritime Boulevard, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Keynote Speaker: Kenneth E. Rigmaiden, General President, International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, AFL-CIO
Friday Evening: Networking Dinner
Peter Mitchell Labor Law Lecture
- A presentation by a prestigious labor law professor on a timely workers’ rights topic.
- This year’s lecturer: Ruben J. Garcia, Associate Dean, University of Law Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law and Co-Director, UNLV Workplace Law Program and Professor of Law
- Sponsored by IUE-CWA, in honor of their long-time General Counsel Peter Mitchell.
Much More: With multiple interactive workshops, panel discussions and keynote address, the conference will give each participant additional insight into becoming an advocate for workers and their families. Students will:
- gain a greater understanding of, appreciation for and interest in the issues facing American workers;
- supplement their labor and workers’ rights courses; and
- network with fellow law students, top labor attorneys, professors, nonprofit practitioners and government officials.
Registration is now open. Students should register via this site by clicking on the link to the conference registration form below. Questions may be addressed to Mary Anne Moffa, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Click here to register.