Schulte: Daisy Puente L’15
Daisy Puente, University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2015
- Why I chose to start my career at [SRZ]:
One of the major factors I considered when choosing a firm was the culture. I wanted to be at a firm that was collegial and one in which I would not feel uncomfortable approaching my colleagues for guidance or help. I have found that SRZ has more than surpassed my expectations in that regard.
- Practice area spotlight:
As a junior litigator, I have been given a lot of responsibility. I have attended witness prep sessions and trials, and I have written sections of briefs at the trial and appellate levels. There are wide-ranging areas of practice within the litigation department including complex commercial and white collar criminal litigation.
- Top 5 things to know about [SRZ]:
- Partners and senior associates are always willing to advise junior associates.
- The attorney development team is committed to helping SRZ attorneys advance in their careers, including through a mentorship program.
- Many of our major clients are hedge funds and in the financial services industry.
- We have a dedicated Associates Committee that facilitates ongoing discussions with the partners at Schulte.
- We have one of the best summer programs at any firm.
- A day in the life of a summer or junior associate at [SRZ]:
Summer associates are given real, substantive work. In addition to working on their various assignments, summer associates engage socially with associates and partners through lunches, coffee or one of the many fun summer events planned by our recruiting department.