FRES Nutrition Counseling
Knowing what to eat for your personal nutritional needs can be overwhelming! Benefits-eligible faculty and staff can now receive individualized nutrition counseling on campus on select days each month. A Family Food, LLC, Registered Dietician will work with you to address the nutrition-related questions and concerns you have and tailor a plan specific to you. Family Food dieticians offer nutrition counseling for adults concerned with a vast array of issues, including general healthy eating, cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, weight gain or loss, food allergies and sensitivities, slow metabolism, pregnancy, and much more.
Click here to register for 5/4/18, 8am - 9am
Click here to register for 5/4/18, 5pm-6pm
Location: FRES Left Bank, 3101 Walnut Street, Room 7
Benefits of working with a Family Food Registered Dietician (FFRD):
- The highest level of nutrition counseling: In addition to receiving a bachelor’s degree, all FFRD’s must fulfill a specially designed and accredited nutrition curriculum, pass a rigorous registration exam, and complete an extensive supervised program of practice.
- Personally tailored advice: After learning your healthy history, favorite foods, eating patterns, and exercise habits, a FFRD will help you set goals, prioritize, and monitor your progress.
- Help manage chronic diseases, like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, or cancer: A FFRD will help you understand your condition and nutrients that affect it, review any lab results, and create an eating plan to better manage your condition.
- A weight-loss program that really works: Partner with a FFRD to develop a safe, effective weight-loss plan you can stick with, as well as guide and motivate you. Assistance with meal planning, grocery shopping, food journaling, and mindful eating will also be provided.
- Guidance navigating food allergies, sensitivities, and intolerances: Suffering from conditions like celiac disease, food allergies, and lactose intolerance can lead to nutritional deficiencies and feelings of stress, not knowing what is safe to eat or thinking your diet needs to be boring. A FFRD can teach you how to read food labels and keep your diet safe, balanced, and tasty.
Nutrition Counseling Cancellation Policy:
We thank you for your interest in Penn’s nutrition counseling program. Out of respect for your colleagues, please plan your schedule carefully before registering for a session. If you find you are unable to attend, please cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance to allow time to find a replacement.
- Your health insurance card.
- Your Penn ID card.
- The printed Confirmation Statement for this event.