#282 Tips for Getting the Most out of Lynda.com
Lynda.com provides instructional videos on a wide range of software products, technologies & business topics. Access to Lynda.com is available 24/7 from your desktop or mobile device, allowing you to learn at your own pace and schedule.
To access Lynda.com at Penn, go to http://lynda.upenn.edu and sign in using your PennKey and password. This service is available to all Penn Law faculty, staff and students.
For more information, visit ITS Online at https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/docs/lynda.
Here are 10 things to know about your Lynda.com account:
- Lynda courses are chunked into small video segments, allowing you to focus on a specific topic or task.
- The com mobile app is synced with the desktop—you can start watching on one device and continue on another. That includes Roku and Apple TV.
- Want to know what Lynda.com courses are popular at Penn? Log into your Lynda.com account and click “Popular at Your Organization.”
- Tie Lynda.com courses to your performance reviews. For more information about how Lynda.com is integrated with Knowledge Link, download the Lynda/Knowledge Link FAQor email your question to email@example.com.
- Create and share playlists with colleagues or team members. Visit the Playlist Center to use playlists created by Lynda.com, or create your own.
- Take notes in a course while viewing. After taking notes, you can opt to download and save your notes as a Word, PDF, or text file. For help on using notes, go to Using the Notebook.
Explore a new skill or topic with curated Learning Paths. Learn more at Explore Learning Paths.
- Manage your profile so that it reflects your interests and learning goals—Lynda can send you course recommendations based on your profile. Log into Lynda, and under Profile, click “My Interests.”
- Keep current with new courses—sign up for the newsletter or log into your Lynda.com account, and click “New.”
- Attach your Certificate of Completion to your LinkedIn profile, or share it with others. Lynda.com issues Certificates of Completion when you have finished a course or learning path.