#278 AirPennNet-Guest upgrade - April 27th
- AirPennNet-Guest Wifi will be upgraded on April 27th.
- Device registration will require just an email address.
- Guests will be required to renew registration daily.
- Penn Law faculty, staff and students should all be using AirPennNet – not AirPennNet-Guest for Wifi.
On April 27th, ISC will be releasing an upgrade to the AirPennNet-Guest wifi service. The new system will improve on both administrative and infrastructural aspects of the service. These changes will affect anyone who uses the guest wifi network for Internet access as well as Community members who need to facilitate guest access.
- Guests will now be able to register their devices using just a well-formatted email address.
Current forms of authentication such as conference codes and Penn affiliate sponsorships will no longer be required.
- Guests will be required to renew their devices’ registration daily as opposed to weekly.
- Bandwidth will be limited to 3Mbps with basic Internet connectivity & protocols - HTTP(S), VPN, RDP.
- The network will block hosts that serve malicious content.
Connecting to AirPennNet-Guest (after April 27th)
- Select the AirPennNet-Guest SSID
- Open a browser
- Review and accept the Acceptable Use Policy terms and conditions.
- Enter a valid email address
- Click Submit
Note: AirPennNet-Guest is intended for visitors to campus. Members of the Penn Law Community should all be using the AirPennNet service (or eduRoam).
AirPennNet is a more secure and robust service which allows access to campus resources such as PennNet. It provides a faster, encrypted connection and requires a one-time registration of devices.
Follow these guides to make the switch (or contact firstname.lastname@example.org):
Contact us at email@example.com with questions or concerns.