#247 “Better File Browsing” Option Now Available in Canvas
A new and improved interface for Files is now available in Canvas. The new files redesign allows users to view more details about their files, manage editing permissions, and preview files. In addition, Files is fully accessible for all keyboard users and screen readers.
Instructors can enable this new interface on a course by course basis. The new Files view will become the default for all courses in early June.
The enhancements include:
- Files are fully searchable by file name, offering quick access to add a folder or upload a file.
- The left panel shows all folders for quick navigation.
- Clicking the name of a folder displays all the contents of the folder in the right panel.
- Files will only be able to published and unpublished in the Files page and Modules will only be able to published and unpublished on the Modules page
- New File toolbar when selecting a file which allows for quick downloading and deletion
To enable the new “Better File Browsing” feature, go to your course Settings in the navigation panel.
In the Feature Options tab, select ON for “Better File Browsing”
and try it out!