#231 Upcoming Canvas Features
Two new features will be available in Canvas at the end of this month: Draft State and a new layout for the Conversations tool.
Draft state allows you to post content in an unpublished state so that it is invisible to students. You will be able to save content as a draft for the Assignments, Discussions, Modules, Pages, and Quizzes tool.
For a sneak peek at how these features will change those tools, please see these Canvas Guides:
- Draft State in Assignments
- Draft State in Discussions
- Draft State in Modules
- Draft State in Pages
- Draft State in Quizzes
The Conversations tool is the internal messaging system within Canvas, which is accessibly by clicking on the Inbox link in the top right menu bar. It has been redesigned with a layout that is more consistent with the rest of the site. Here are some of the new features available:
- A drop down menu to filter conversations by course
- A pop-up window for composing new messages, rather than a form in the right panel
- Select multiple messages to perform bulk actions, such as delete, archive, or star
For a deeper look into the new Conversations tool and all of its features, please see these Canvas Guides.