#228 Using Middle Click on a Mouse
Did you know that the scrolling wheel on your mouse is also a button? Here are some things you can do with the middle click button:
- Open a new instance of an app: Middle click on an icon in the taskbar (for example, clicking on the Firefox icon will open a new window).
- Close a program: Hover on an icon of an open program in the taskbar and middle click on the thumbnail that appears.
In a Web Browser
- Open a link in a new tab: Middle click on any hyperlink to open it in a new tab.
- Close a tab: Middle click on a tab at the top to close that tab.
- Open all bookmarks in a bookmark folder: Middle click on a folder of bookmarks to open all bookmarks in new tabs.
Don’t have a middle click button? Most laptops will simulate a middle click when both left and right click buttons are pressed simultaneously.