#226 Filter Google Image Searches by Usage Rights
Need to add some images to a document or presentation? Use Google’s image search filters to find content that you can reuse. Here’s how:
1. Go to http://www.google.com/imghp and type your search terms, then press enter or click the blue magnifying glass button.
2. On the results page, click the “Search Tools” link located under the search bar.
3. Click the “Usage Rights” drop down menu and select the option that you would like to filter your results by. There are currently five available options:
- Not filtered by license
- Labeled for reuse
- Labeled for commercial reuse
- Labeled for reuse with modification
- Labeled for commercial reuse with modification
Once you select an option from the “Usage Rights” drop down menu, the search results will automatically refresh to display reusable content.
NOTE: Google has a disclaimer on their own help documentation urging users to verify whether the license is legitimate.