Practicing Law: Federal Litigation and Discovery Resources
There are a number of treatises, handbooks, nutshells, etc devoted to civil procedure, discovery and pre-trial, and federal practice –all helpful for individuals involved in litigation. Here we list several of the most useful titles for individuals involved in federal litigation (stay tuned for later posts regarding particular states).
When applicable, a link to the library catalog record is provided. Keep in mind that the firm or organization you are working for may have a print copy of their own!
Primary Civil Procedure/Practice Treatises
- Federal Practice and Procedure(“Wright & Miller”): Charles A. Wright & Arthur R. Miller, et al.
- Moore’s Federal Practice.
Discovery and Pre-Trial Litigation Materials
- Rutter Group - Federal Civil Procedure Before Trial, National Edition.
- Handbook of Federal Civil Discovery & Disclosure, 2nd ed., Jay E. Grenig, Geffrey S. Kinsler
- Moore’s AnswerGuide Federal Discovery Practice
- Moore’s AnswerGuide Federal Pretrial Civil Litigation
- Discovery Practice, 5th ed., Roger S. Haydock & David F. Herr
- Electronic Discovery Deskbook, 2nd ed., Anthony J. Diana & Michael E. Lackey eds.
- Pretrial Litigation in a Nutshell, 5th ed., R. Lawrence Dessem
Other Situationally Useful Federal Practice Materials
- Manual for Complex Litigation, 4th ed.
- Manual of Federal Practice, 5th ed., Richard A. Givens
- Federal Trial Handbook, 3rd ed., Robert S. Hunter
- Fundamentals of Litigation Practice, David F. Herr, Roger S. Haydock, Jeffrey W. Stempel
- Federal Litigation Guide
- American Jurispridence Trials