You can upload files to any Penn+Box folder by adjusting email options within the folder you choose. Here is how to configure a Penn+Box folder to receive uploads from email attachments:
- Go to https://upenn.box.com and click the button labeled “Continue” and sign in with your PennKey.
- Click on the folder you would like to email files to.
- Once you’re in the folder, click the “More” drop down button, then hover over “Properties“ and click “Email Options”.
- A new window should pop up, make sure the check box for “Allow uploads to this folder via email” is checked.
- Once the box is checked, a new field will appear with an email address that you should save or copy – this is the email address you must use to upload attachments.
- Click the “Save” button at the bottom.
You can now use the email address provided in Step 5 to upload documents to your Penn+Box folder via email attachment.
Here are some important notes about this email upload function:
- Upload via email only works for file attachments – the body of the email will not be uploaded to Box.
- The cumulative size of the attachments cannot exceed 80MB.
- Only the folder owner will receive a notification that files were uploaded successfully.
- Collaborators will also receive a notification if upload notifications are enabled for the folder.