#188 Grant Students Additional Privileges in Canvas
In Canvas, you can grant your students additional course privileges by editing your course Settings. Here is how to edit their privileges:
1. Click the Settings link in the Sidebar of the course you wish to edit.
2. Click the Edit Course Details button.
3. Click the More Options link.
4. You can grant additional course privileges for students by selecting the appropriate checkbox.
Here are some relevant options to consider:
- Allow students to attach files to discussion posts by clicking the Let students attach files to discussions checkbox.
- Allow students to create new discussion topics by clicking the Let students create discussion topics checkbox.
- Allow students to edit or delete their own discussion posts by clicking the Let students edit or delete their own discussion posts checkbox.
- Allow students to organize their own Groups by clicking the Let students organize their own groups checkbox.
- You can disable comments on announcement by clicking the Disable comments on announcements checkbox.
- You can also allow students to edit course wiki pages by default by selecting the Edit course wiki pages drop down menu.
5. Click the Update Course Details button to save changes.
For more information on Course Settings, visit the Canvas Guides.