In Canvas, you can add content to modules without making them immediately available to your students.
Modules allow you to organize your content to help control the flow of your course. Each module can contain files, discussions, assignments, quizzes, and other learning materials. For more information on Modules, please visit our Canvas documentation.
Here is how to lock a Module until a given date:
1. Click the Modules link in the Sidebar of your course page.
2. Click the Gear icon of the Module you wish to edit and select the Edit link.
3. Click the Lock module until a given date checkbox.
4. Type the date in the Unlock At field or select the Calendar icon to set the date the module will unlock.
5. Click the Update Module button when you are finished. The unlock date and time will appear next to the module name and at the bottom of the module.
For more information on Canvas Modules, visit these Canvas Guides.