The Course Home Page is the first page your students will see when they enter your course. You can choose which Canvas page will serve as the home page by following these instructions.
1. Navigate to your course from the Courses dropdown in the top (Global Navigation) menu.
2. Click on the Change Home Page Layout link at the top of the home page.
3. Open the Home Page Layout dropdown menu.
4. Select the Home Page Layout that you prefer. Your choices for the homepage include:
- Recent Activity Dashboard – Shows students the most recent conversations, notifications and interactions for this course.
- Page – Allows you to design your own course homepage and include links, images or rich media.
- Course Modules – Allows you to organize the course into modules or sections.
- Assignments List – Shows the list of assignments for the course with upcoming and recent assignments at the top of the page.
- Syllabus – Allows you to write up a description of course expectations or introduce the course with links, images, etc. It then shows a calendar view of all assignments and course events.
5. Click the Update Layout button to save the changes made to the Course Home Page.