#177 Preparing for Time Off
If you are going to be away from the office without email or telephone access (whether voluntary or incidental), then we recommend setting up an Out of Office Auto-Reply in Outlook and temporarily changing your voicemail greeting.
Creating an Out of Office Automatic Reply:
- In Outlook, click on the File tab at the top.
- Click on the button labeled “Automatic Replies”.
- A dialog will pop up, select the button for “Send Automatic Replies”.
- Click the check box labeled “Only send during this time range:” and specify when you will be away.
- Enter a message that you would like to be sent to Penn Law email addresses.
- Click the tab labeled “Outside of my Organization” and enter a message that you would like to be sent to all non-Penn Law email addresses.
- Click OK.
For more information on how to set up Automatic Replies, please visit Microsoft’s support website.
Updating your voicemail greeting on a PennNet phone:
- Dial 6-8000 on your phone.
- Enter your voicemail password.
- Press 0 and follow the prompts to record your message.
Note: To configure from offsite, you can dial 215-746-8000 and enter the last 5 digits of your phone number when the automated recording starts playing.
For more information on how to use your PennNet phone, please visit ITS Online.