If you are going to be away from the office without email or telephone access (whether voluntary or incidental), then we recommend setting up an Out of Office Auto-Reply in Outlook and temporarily changing your voicemail greeting.
Creating an Out of Office Automatic Reply:
- In Outlook, click on the File tab at the top.
- Click on the button labeled “Automatic Replies”.
- A dialog will pop up, select the button for “Send Automatic Replies”.
- Click the check box labeled “Only send during this time range:” and specify when you will be away.
- Enter a message that you would like to be sent to Penn Law email addresses.
- Click the tab labeled “Outside of my Organization” and enter a message that you would like to be sent to all non-Penn Law email addresses.
- Click OK.
For more information on how to set up Automatic Replies, please visit Microsoft’s support website.
Updating your voicemail greeting on a PennNet phone:
- Dial 6-8000 on your phone.
- Enter your voicemail password.
- Press 0 and follow the prompts to record your message.
Note: To configure from offsite, you can dial 215-746-8000 and enter the last 5 digits of your phone number when the automated recording starts playing.
For more information on how to use your PennNet phone, please visit ITS Online.