The current version of Mac OS X contains a feature called Mission Control that helps organize apps and windows in different workspaces. But here are some extra shortcuts to help you multitask:
- Command+` (tilde key above Tab): Switch between open windows in an application
- Option+Command+M: Minimize all open windows in an application
- Option+Command+W: Close all open windows in an application
- Command+H: Hide the active application (restore by clicking on Dock icon)
- Option+Command+H: Hide all applications except for the active application
Note: The difference between hiding an application and minimizing it, is that minimizing takes up space in your dock. When you minimize multiple windows, your dock can quickly become cluttered.
For more information on Mission Control, please visit Apple’s support article.