#20 Keep Row and Column Headers Visible at All Times
Excel spreadsheets have a tendency to grow large and become difficult to navigate. If you are tired of losing sight of your column names, you can use Freeze Panes to keep them visible at all times. Freeze Panes make large spreadsheets manageable, allowing you to work quickly and efficiently whether you are on row 1 or 1000.
Setting up Freeze Panes is an easy two-step process!
- Select the rows or columns you would like to freeze.
- To lock rows: select the row number below the rows that you want to keep visible.
- To lock columns: select the column letter or number to the right of the columns that you want to keep visible.
- To lock both rows and columns: select the cell below and to the right of the rows and columns that you want to keep visible.
- On the View tab, in the Window group, click Freeze Panes and choose Freeze Panes.
For more information on Freeze Panes, visit Microsoft’s guide on how to Freeze or lock rows and columns.