#57 Use AutoFilter to Sort and Filter Your Data on the Fly
May 10, 2011
Find it hard sifting through endless rows and columns on excel documents? You are far from alone! Luckily there are ways to filter and sort your data in excel.
Using AutoFilter to filter data is a quick and easy way to find and work with a subset of data in a range of cells or table. By setting a filter, you can quickly show and hide data that you find relevant.
To Enable Filters:
- Select the range of cells you wish to filter.
- On the Data tab, in the Sort and Filter group, click Filter. This will cause filter arrows to show up above the columns you selected.
To filter or sort your data using the column headers, click the arrow in the header of the column you wish to filter and choose from the following:
- Sort: Select the sort ascending or sort descending options to sort your table.
- Number/Text/Date Filters: Point to Filters and then click one of the comparison operator commands.
- Select from a list of values: In the list of values, select or clear one or more values to filter by.