#61 Learn 5 Different Ways to Add in Excel
Microsoft Excel brings many powerful functions right to your fingertips. Today’s tip takes a closer look at basic arithmetic and explores 5 ways of adding together information.
- AutoSum: Highlight the cells that you wish to add together and click the AutoSum.
- =SUM: Select the cell you would like to contain a total, type=SUM(, select the cells you would like to add, and then pressEnter.
- Status Bar: Perform a quick calculation by selecting a range of cells then looking at the sum in the bottom-right hand corner of the window in the status bar.
- Creating a Formula: Select the cell you would like to contain a total, type the equal sign (=), then select the first cell you wish to add. Type the plus sign (+), then select another cell and repeat until you have added all the desired cells. Press the Enter key when finished.
- Adding Text: You can combine text by following step 4 and using an ampersand (&) instead of a plus sign (+).