Today, our laptops have become an invaluable possession. Not only do we invest significant money in our technology, but they are critical for our daily work and lives. It’s important to do due diligence and take a few steps to protect your laptop on a daily basis.
- Always set an account password on your computer (Windows, Mac).
- Lock your computer whenever you step away to protect your privacy (Windows Key + L on Windows, Ctrl + Shift + Eject on Mac OS). Mac users may need to enable a password on lock.
- Never leave your computer unsupervised.
- If you have to leave your laptop unattended, be sure to use a locking cable.
- Try a 3rd party anti-theft tracking service likePrey.