Penn Law launches new website
Penn Law has launched its new website, www.law.upenn.edu, designed with an eye for easy, at-a-glance navigation and which showcases the Law School’s vibrant intellectual community, as well as the many rich professional and social opportunities available to law students. Importantly, the new site embeds a host of social networking functionality that allows Penn Law community members to share ideas and content with Penn and global audiences.
New features of the website include:
• “Pipeline” items – on campus and “in the world” call-outs that feature our news, research, media, events, and other information - on the homepage and distributed throughout the website
• Tags (e.g. “#ConLaw” “#TPIC,” etc.) used to enhance search functionality throughout the site based on topic, audience, or group (Example).
• A new Content Management System (CMS) that allows individuals and departments to quickly, easily, and directly update their sections and pages.
• Enhanced social media & networking functionality, so that internal and external site visitors can more easily share Penn Law Pipeline items, events, news, and more on Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms.
• A new Academic/Faculty Specialty Areas section focused on the Law School’s academic strengths and scholarly work (Example).
• A new calendar/calendaring system, designed to better showcase our many, various events while making it easier for Penn Law community members to add and publicize events on the site.
• New student, faculty and staff “Commons” pages that aggregate useful links and info for these respective audiences.
The site will be in a “beta” phase during the month of August, so please submit any comments or questions via the feedback survey.