Alumni from around the world gathered to attend the Law School’s first in-person Reunion Weekend since 2019.
Over 500 alumni returned to the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School to reconnect and celebrate at the first in-person Reunion Weekend in three years.
Alumni attended 20 unique events during this year’s Reunion Weekend, from May 13-15. Highlights include:
- Members of the Class of 1971 and earlier joined Dean and Bernard G. Segal Professor of Law Ted Ruger at the 15th Annual Senior Partners Society Luncheon, where they participated in the Oral History project and shared memories of their time at the Law School.
- LLM alumni from around the world connected and networked with one another and with current LLM students at the LLM Alumni and Student Luncheon.
- History buffs in the alumni community engaged in a self-guided tour of the Museum of the American Revolution, one of Philadelphia’s premiere American History museums located in Old City, steps away from Independence Hall.
- Lifelong learners in the alumni community attended several informative lectures led by world-renowned faculty, including Michael Useem, Director of the Leadership Center and McNulty Leadership Program at the Wharton Schoo,l who delivered remarks on leadership and mentorship, and Christopher Yoo, John H. Chestnut Professor of Law, Communication, and Computer & Information Science, who discussed the emerging field of Artificial Intelligence and its regulation.
- Dean Ruger delivered the annual State of The Law School address, wherein he shared the Law School’s momentous achievements of the past year, which included increasing diversity among Law School faculty, providing greater access to legal education, and supporting students who choose to pursue vital careers in the public interest.
- Members of all classes joined together for a Cocktail Reception and Gala Dinner in one of the beautiful and newly-renovated spaces in the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Alumni members of LAPLA, PLAAN, PLBAA, and Lambda enjoyed one another’s company at affinity group-specific receptions throughout the weekend.