Fac/Staff IMPT info on Penn Office 365/PennKey Sync
Dear Members of the Faculty and Staff,
Campus Information Systems & Computing (ISC) is asking all Penn faculty/staff/students who have an account in Penn’s Office 365 tenant to reset their PennKey password before March 15, 2021. This will allow them to sync PennKey and Penn Office 365 logins.
You are receiving this email because you have setup a password for a Penn Office 365 account at some point. Some faculty/staff are using Penn Office 365 for Office ProPlus while others may have received a Penn Office 365 account from a previous position, joint appointment, or degree program.
Please note that this change applies to Penn Office 365 accounts only (not your @law.upenn.edu account). Penn Law has its own Office 365 tenant which will continue to use your LawKey login (your Law School email address and LawKey password).
Please reset your PennKey password before March 15 to avoid being locked out of your Penn Office 365 account. You may re-use your existing PennKey password.
- Visit the PennKey password change page at https://weblogin.pennkey.upenn.edu/changeexpiredpassword
- Follow the prompts to complete the PennKey password change process. You may re-use your existing PennKey password.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the password sync to complete across accounts.
- If you did not re-use your existing PennKey password, you will need to update your AirPennNet credentials (if on campus and using AirPennNet WiFi).
- If using Penn’s Office ProPlus, you may be prompted by your Penn O365 apps to enter your new password (this may take up to a day after completing the password sync).
If you don’t reset your PennKey before March 15, you could be locked out of your Penn Office 365 account. If you are locked out, you will need to reset your PennKey to gain access.
IMPORTANT: As stated above, this change applies to Penn Office 365 accounts only. Your Law School Office 365/Penn Law email (your @law.upenn.edu account) will continue to use your LawKey login (your Law School email address and LawKey password).
How do I know if I use my Penn Office 365 account?
If you access a Penn email or Office 365 account using a different address than your @law.upenn.edu email address, then you are using a Penn Office 365 account and this change applies.
If you only log in to email/Office 365 with your @law.upenn.edu, then you don’t need to take any action.
If you are unsure, the safest course of action is to reset your password using the instructions above.
If you have any questions, please contact us: