Public Interest Week: 50th Anniversary of Gideon v. Wainwright Panel Discussion
- Karen Houppert, Veteran Journalist and Author of Chasing Gideon: The Elusive Quest for Poor People’s Justice
- Matthew Knecht, Supervising Attorney, Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem
- Mary Catherine Roper L’93, Senior Staff Attorney, ACLU of Pennsylvania
- Phyllis Subin, Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Coalition for Justice
- Moderated by Adjunct Professor Malia Brink L’00, Penn Law
This program has been approved for 1.5 hours of substantive law credits for Pennsylvania lawyers. CLE credit may be available for other jurisdictions as well. This event is free unless you are seeking CLE credit. Attendees seeking CLE credit should bring payment of $25.00 cash or check - payable to “The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania”.
Co-Sponsored by the Toll Public Interest Center, American Constitution Society (Penn Law Chapter), Criminal Record Expungement Project, and Prisoners’ Education and Advocacy Project.
Click here to RSVP
For more a complete schedule for Public Interest Week, visit: https://www.law.upenn.edu/publicservice/public-interest-week.php