The Office of International Affairs (OIA) is seeking a few motivated, globally minded 2L or 3L JD students to serve as OIA Student Associates ($15/hour) for our department for the 2023–2024 academic year. The weekly time commitment will be minimal, balanced between “office hours” (can be remote or in-person) and weekly team meetings or group work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with building student awareness of international opportunities;
- Serve as a peer mentor for specific international programs;
- Solicit input from the student population on international programming;
- Serve as a discussion leader at guest speaker events, as needed;
- Other tasks as assigned.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume/cv and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please touch on one or more of the following:
- Relevant international experiences at Penn Carey Law (e.g., a Bok class, certificate program, Perry World House fellowship, summer fellowship, externship, coursework, etc.);
- Leadership roles or active membership in extracurricular areas (i.e., internationally engaged student groups, pro bono projects, or journals);
- Interest in public or private international law (please share details);
- Knowledge of a particular geographic region and/or of a specific field of international, comparative, or foreign law;
- How this role might help you meet your academic or professional goals (if relevant).
Deadline to Apply
Applications will be accepted through Friday, September 29, 2023.