The Office of International Affairs is seeking a few motivated JD students to serve as Student Associates ($15/hour) to our department for the 2022-2023 academic year. The weekly time commitment will be minimal, and balanced between ‘office hours’ (can be remote or in-person) and weekly team meetings or group work.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with building awareness in student body of international opportunities.
- Serve as a peer mentor for specific international programs.
- Solicit input from student population on international programming.
- Serve as a discussion leader at guest speaker events as appropriate.
- Other tasks as assigned.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume/cv and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (addressed to Lauren Owens, Director of International Affairs). In your cover letter, please touch on one or more of the following:
- Relevant international experiences in law school (i.e., a Bok class, certificate program, Perry World House fellowship, summer fellowship, externship, coursework, etc);
- Leadership roles or active membership in extracurricular areas (i.e., internationally engaged student groups, pro bono projects, or journals);
- Interests within public or private international law (please share details);
- Knowledge of a particular geographic region and/or of a specific field of international, comparative, or foreign law;
- (If relevant) how this role might help you meet your academic or professional goals.
Friday, September 30, 2022