This information pertains to Penn Carey Law faculty and staff who have migrated to the new PennFlex phone platform and who are using the MobileConnect desktop/mobile application to place and receive calls from their Penn phone number.
Starting September 15, 2022, the MobileConnect desktop and mobile applications will no longer be supported and will be replaced by the Vonage Mobile App with Webex. If you rely on the MobileConnect applications to make and receive calls from your Penn phone number, please review the instructions below to download and install the new Vonage Mobile App with Webex on your laptop and mobile devices. Once you have signed in to the new Vonage Mobile App with Webex, you must uninstall the MobileConnect app from your devices using the instructions below. For a general Phones overview, please visit our Penn Phones page.
Step 1: Download the Webex application on your Desktop or Mobile Device
Webex is an easy-to-use and secure application to place and receive phone calls using your campus phone number.
To install the app, you can use the download link here for “Windows (64 bit)” or “MacOS (Intel/Apple M1 chip)”.
You can also download the iOS/Android app by scanning the QR code below from your mobile device.
Step 2: Sign in to Webex
To sign-in, open the app and use your YourPennkey@upenn.edu address (not @law) to be redirected to the Penn WebLogin page.
From here, you will use your PennKey username and PennKey password to log in (NOTE: you will need to use Two-Step Verification to complete the log in process).
If you see a Windows Firewall message upon log in, you can select “Allow access” to allow the Webex app to communicate over public and/or private networks.
Once the log in is successful, you should see the interface below (on desktop/laptop) and can start using the app:
Further resources for Webex app can be found here including a helpful quick start guide.
Step 3: Once you have logged into Webex, please be sure that you uninstall MobileConnect from all of your devices.
- Press the Windows button on your desktop or keyboard
- Search for “Remove programs” and select “Add or remove programs” (Control Panel)
- Search the app list in the “Apps” settings for “MobileConnect”, click the three dots, and select “Uninstall”
- Locate the app in the Finder. Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. Or use Spotlight to find the app, then press and hold the Command (⌘) key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you’re asked for a username and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is probably the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
(iOS) - Touch and hold the app icon, tap Delete App, then tap Delete.
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the Profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & devices Manage.
- Tap the name of the app you want to delete.
- Tap Uninstall.
NOTE: The Vonage Mobile App with Webex is an optional application that allows faculty/staff to make and receive calls to their Penn phone number from an application installed on their computer and/or mobile phone.