Locating Materials in Biddle Law Library
- Begin your search with LOLA, Biddle’s online catalog. LOLA can be accessed from computers throughout the library via Biddle’s web page by clicking on http://lola.law.upenn.edu/. LOLA will indicate if Biddle owns a particular title, if it is checked out, or if it is on order. For periodicals, journals, looseleaf services, materials updated with pocket parts or supplements, and other resources, LOLA will indicate when Biddle received the latest issue or update.
- If the location is “Biddle,” check the Call Number Locator for the location, and proceed to the stacks. If you have difficulty locating materials in the stacks, consult a Reference Librarian.
- If the location is shown as “Lewis,” the item is located in the closed-stacks Lewis Collection in Silverman Hall. Ask at the Circulation Desk for the item to be retrieved for you. The daily schedule of trips to Silverman Hall is posted at the Circulation Desk and on the Library’s website.
- If you do not find the title in LOLA, search Biddle’s card catalog located just outside the Reserve Reading Room on the 2nd floor.
- If you do not find the title in the card catalog, ask a Reference Librarian for assistance. Some items may not be listed in the catalogs.
- If the title is not available in Biddle, search Franklin, the online catalog of the University Libraries. Franklin can be accessed from computers throughout the library via Van Pelt’s web page at http://www.library.upenn.edu/vanpelt/. For material created before 1969, you may have to consult Van Pelt Library’s card catalog.
- Penn Law students should also check Drexel University’s Hagerty Library catalog. The URL is http://www.library.drexel.edu/. Reference librarians can issue Penn Law students a letter granting borrowing privileges at Drexel.
- Material not available at Biddle, on campus, or at Drexel may be available to Penn Law School students through Biddle’s Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan department, which can be accessed via the web at http://www.law.upenn.edu/library/illdoc/, or by clicking on “Library Services” and “Interlibrary Loan” on the sidebar.