Equipment Loan Policies - Students
Before borrowing equipment from Biddle Law Library, students are required to read and agree to the following policies and financial liability.
The University of Pennsylvania Law School Information Technology Services maintains equipment that may be reserved and used by students enrolled in Penn Law classes. This agreement is for the temporary use of equipment, which is owned by the University of Pennsylvania Law School. The use of the equipment is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The student must be currently enrolled in classes at the University of Pennsylvania Law School in order to check out equipment. A valid PennCard and Biddle library account are required.
2. The student assumes complete financial responsibility of the equipment and all of its parts, including charging cables and other included components. Any loss or damage is the COMPLETE financial responsibility of the student. The cost of repairs and replacement due to negligence or accident or theft will be charged to the student’s tuition fee bill or may be paid directly by the student. Loss of borrowing privileges from Biddle and other Penn Libraries may occur until these costs are paid.
3. All off-site equipment may be checked out for three nights in a row, and must be returned to Biddle by the end of the third day. When returning equipment, student will need to remain with Biddle circulation desk staff until all equipment has been thoroughly checked. DO NOT leave equipment at the desk if staff is unavailable, and DO NOT place equipment in the book return. If there is any question as to when it is due, ask library staff when checking out the equipment. There is NO extension of reservations. In order to borrow the equipment past the return date, the student must bring it back to the Biddle circulation desk, confirm that it has not been reserved by another student, and then sign it out again. The following must be present at check-in:
4. A late fee of $50 PER DAY will be charged to the student’s tuition fee bill for each day the equipment or any included components remain past due. Equipment will be considered late if it is not returned by the time of Biddle’s closing on of the due day and the first day’s late fee of $50 will be levied. Students are responsible for noting Biddle’s closing time on their due date.
5. Students are responsible for ensuring that all of their data is removed from the equipment before it is returned. This includes exporting and saving photographs and other data, as well as deleting private or sensitive information. Library and ITS staff cannot guarantee that we will be able to retrieve data once equipment has been returned, or that others will not be able to view sensitive data.
Financial Liability varies by device:
- Sony DSC-RX100 Point-and-Shoot Camera - $500
- Camera accessories (carrying case, SD card, USB cable, rechargeable battery) - $100
- FLIP Camcorder - $185