Equipment Loan Policies - Staff
Before borrowing equipment from Biddle Law Library, staff are required to read and agree to the following policies.
The University of Pennsylvania Law School Information Technology Services maintains equipment that may be reserved and used by staff and departments of the Law School. This agreement is for the temporary use of equipment, which is owned by the University of Pennsylvania Law School. The use of the equipment is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The staff member must be currently employed by the University of Pennsylvania Law School in order to check out equipment. A valid PennCard and Biddle library account are required.
2. All off-site equipment may be checked out for three nights in a row, and must be returned to Biddle by the end of the third day. If there is any question as to when it is due, ask library staff when checking out the equipment. There is NO extension of reservations. In order to borrow the equipment past the return date, the staff member must bring it back to the Biddle circulation desk, confirm that it has not been reserved by another staff member, and then sign it out again. This equipment is intended for short-term use only. If your department requires the use of this equipment for more than a three day period, please contact ITS or Communications and they will work with you to arrange a longer-term solution.
3. Repeated failure to return equipment on time may result in loss of equipment borrowing privileges. Staff members are responsible for noting Biddle’s closing time on their due date.
4. When returning equipment, the staff member will need to remain with Biddle circulation desk staff until all equipment has been thoroughly checked. DO NOT leave equipment at the desk if staff is unavailable and DO NOT place equipment in the book return.
5. Staff members are responsible for ensuring that all of their data is removed from the equipment before it is returned. This includes exporting and saving photographs and other data, as well as deleting private or sensitive information. Library and ITS staff cannot guarantee that we will be able to retrieve data once equipment has been returned, or that others will not be able to view sensitive data.
While staff are not subject to the same financial liability agreement as students, please be aware of the value of these devices:
- Sony DSC-RX100 Point-and-Shoot Camera - $500
- Camera accessories (carrying case, SD card, USB cable, rechargeable battery) - $100
- FLIP Camcorder - $185