Student Scan on Demand (Summer Session)
Student Scan on Demand is a free, electronic document delivery service that enables you to request chapters of books or journal articles from the library’s collections to assist you with your summer research assignments. The service is only available during the summer term.
What Can I request?
Requests by currently enrolled Penn-Law students may be made for up to two chapters from a book, or two articles from a journal, or up to 50-pages of other material, that are available from Biddle or Van Pelt, subject to copyright limitations. Requests cannot be for cite checking.
Please email your Student Scan on Demand request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- You need to send a complete citation.
- Requests are usually fulfilled within 2 business days. We are unable to honor rush requests.
- Requests cannot be for material from Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg, Hein Online or other electronic databases.
- We cannot fill requests for microfilm, rare books and already checked-out items are not eligible.
- We cannot fill requests for multiple chapters from a single book.
- You may make 2 requests per day and a total of 4 per week.
- We reserve the right to reject any request which might constitute a copyright violation